Connect with us

Metro

Sule declares for second term

Published

on

Sule declares for second term.

Nasarawa State Governor, Abdullahi Sule, has declared his intention to run for a second term in office.

He spoke when he received the nomination and expression of interest forms bought for him by the Abdullahi Sule Amalgamated Support Groups (EASASG).

He said: “Some of these people who are barely making a living came together and raised the funds to buy the nomination and expression of interest forms for me to re-contest for the 2023 governorship election.

“This gesture is very touchy and significant to me, so I cannot turn down their request.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Media aide electrocuted while answering call with his charging phone one month after his wedding and one day after he was active on Facebook

“Therefore, I, Engineer Abdullahi Sule, hereby declare to re-contest as governor in the 2023 election.”

Share With A Friend
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

A pastor’s N310,000 budget fare to heaven

Published

on

A pastor’s N310,000 budget fare to heaven.

Self-Acclaimed cleric, Pastor Noah Abraham, the founder of the Christ High Commission is in the news for allegedly asking his church members to pay him a fee of N310,000 to obtain flight tickets to heaven.

He is also keeping some number of persons in his church in what he describes as preparation for the coming of Jesus Christ, otherwise known as the rapture.

But reacting, Abraham said there was a spiritual explanation noting that God had instructed him to charge his members N310,000 to test their faith.

Abraham started his Church from Kabba in Kogi State, in 2019, then moved to Kaduna due to a community dispute. Subsequently, he relocated his church to a gated compound in Araromi-Ugbesi, Omuo-Oke-Ekiti in Ekiti East local council area of Ekiti State.

The cleric noted that the new church base will be a place to “prepare for the end of the world.” He sees himself as a nomadic evangelist whose ministry has helped many people.

Abraham allegedly asked each member of his church to pay him N310,000 before they would be allowed to follow him to Omu-Ekiti, where “the gate of heaven will open for all of them to fly to heaven.”

Although he claimed not to have received any payment, he noted that the police had visited the church to check things for themselves.

An aggrieved relative reportedly exposed the cleric’s designs. The former member of the Kaduna branch invited the police to help secure the release of his wife and three children who headed to the camp without his consent.

He had gone to get them himself, but his wife reportedly rebelled, returning nearly three weeks to the camp; he managed to retrieve his children though.

Another relative of Abraham, reportedly accused his brother-in-law of selling off his belongings and taking the proceeds to the pastor, asking his wife (the man’s sister) to forget their 21-year-old marriage since she refused to follow him.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Suspected Kano pastor killer finally arrested

Meanwhile, the Ekiti state police command has quizzed the pastor. The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Sunday Abutu, confirmed it.

According to the police spokesperson, they invited Abraham “on the allegation of asking his members to part with N310,000 for them to prepare for the end of the world.”

However, the Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) of the Omuo-Oke Divisional Police Headquarters, Joshua Sunday, absolved the pastor of blame.

He said a preliminary investigation showed that he didn’t force anyone to join him at the camp.

It was gathered that as of April 26, 38 people including almost a dozen children, had been with him for weeks. These persons at the camp are secondary and

university students who have decided not to return to school because they are waiting for the rapture.

Reacting, the cleric, described the ticket to heaven fee charge to extort his members as untrue noting that he ‘tested’ his members with it because God instructed him to request N310,000 from those who want to come along with him within three days.

He explained that the camp in Ekiti is to provide support for those who wanted to stay with him, and that his bank account is under surveillance to know the inflow of money going in and out.

He said: “When my church members in Kaduna heard that I was relocating to Ekiti, they indicated interest to join me, but I’ve not done something like that before. So, I told God, and God told me go and test their faith by asking them to pay N310,000, and they will be able to enter heaven.”

But a statement during the week by Kaduna CAN Chairman, Rev John Joseph Hayab, disowned the Pastor, stating that the cleric was not a member of CAN in the state nor his church registered with the body.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   List of Alaafin’s unfulfilled plans

Hayab, said even Pastor Ade’s offer of a ticket to heaven was cheaper than the ransom Kaduna bandits asked their victims.

“A faceless character like Pastor Ade Abraham can easily give the faith of the community a bad name, especially that CAN cannot trace his whereabouts or find any useful information about his being in Kaduna state.

“Is it possible that Ade Abraham before becoming spiritual had lived in Kaduna or did he come to Kaduna for a visit? How can we have such a pastor and nobody knows him only for us to read about his drama in the media whereas the journalists in Kaduna do not have this information?”

“CAN Kaduna State appeals to whosoever knows pastor Ade Abraham or the location of a church in Kaduna linked to the alleged person to furnish our association with the information so that we could work with security agencies to prevent what could further compound the security challenges faced in the state.

“CAN will not decide what sermon her priests should preach but CAN will not hesitate to expose fake preachers when she finds one, especially when the sermon contradicts the teachings contained in the Holy Scriptures.

“CAN, therefore, calls for a proper investigation of Pastor Ade Abraham’s identity, and the location of his ministry to put the record straight to avoid creating panic and misleading the public.

“If Pastor Ade Abraham’s camp is in Ekiti and the sacred place where God is coming to rapture those who have paid their rapture fees, why is Kaduna in the story or does he have another strip that the rapture will happen in Kaduna?”

Share With A Friend
Continue Reading

Metro

Father impregnates 15-year-old daughter in Ondo and attempts abortion

Published

on

Father impregnates 15-year-old daughter in Ondo and attempts abortion.

A 38-year-old man has been detained for allegedly defiling his 15-year-old daughter in Ondo State.

The suspect, Sunday Udoh, was arrested by policemen attached to the Ile-Oluji Division after he made moves to abort the pregnancy resulting from his sexual relationship with his daughter.

Udoh was said to have taken his 15-year-old daughter to a health care centre in Ile-Oluji, headquarters of Ile-Oluji/Oke-Igbo Local Government Area of the state to terminate the pregnancy.

However, health workers at the facility became suspicious and alerted security agents.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Sowore, Adeyanju and in front at #EndSARS protest in Abuja (photos)

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the State, SP Funmilayo Odunlami, said: “On 26th of April, 2022, Policemen attached to Ile-Oluji Division received a complaint of an attempt to procure an abortion by one Sunday Udoh ‘m’, Aged 38, at a health care centre in Ile-Oluji.

“During the investigation, it was revealed that the suspect was attempting to procure abortion for her daughter (Name withheld) of about 15 years old whom he has been having sexual intercourse with.”

While disclosing that the case has been transferred to the Gender Office of the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, at the Police headquarters in the state, Odunlami, stated that the suspect will be charged to court after the conclusion of an investigation.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Soldiers manhandle Nollywood actor Chiwetalu Agu for wearing Biafra outfit

Share With A Friend
Continue Reading

Metro

Two commercial bank staff jailed for stealing from the account of a deceased customer

Published

on

Two commercial bank staff jailed for stealing from the account of a deceased customer.

Two bankers identified as Titus Chima Nwankwo and Utibe-Abasi Ifiok have been jailed by a Cross River state High Court sitting in Calabar for stealing N2,900,000 from the account of a deceased customer.

The bankers who were staff of a commercial bank in the state were convicted on Tuesday, April 26, after pleading guilty to a one-count separate charge bordering on forgery, conspiracy, breach of trust and stealing.

The duo were earlier arraigned by the Uyo Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Soldiers manhandle Nollywood actor Chiwetalu Agu for wearing Biafra outfit

In view of their pleas, prosecution counsel, Joshua Abolarin prayed the court to convict and sentence the defendants accordingly.

Delivering the judgment, Justice Elias Abua convicted and sentenced George to three months imprisonment with an option of a fine of N100,000.

However, Nwankwo bagged three months imprisonment with an option of a fine of N50,000.

The convicts’ journey to the Correctional Centre started on June 16, 2021, when a petitioner alleged that they conspired and forged the signature of one Godfried Francis Osso.

Osso was a deceased customer of a bank and the bankers were said to have fraudulently diverted the said sum for their personal uses.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Suspected Kano pastor killer finally arrested

They were investigated, arrested and prosecuted by the EFCC before their conviction.

Share With A Friend
Continue Reading

Trending